Search Feature

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Surprise from the Netherlands

I received a wonderful surprise in the mail from cooking forum friend Phubar.
It's just amazing! A smoked garlic braid, smoked shallots from "Smokey Al's".
Several other ingredients, including sambel pecel, massala, garlic chutney,
ajam pedis...and so much more!

Last fall Phubar and his Mom were kind enough to share a recipe with me and also translate it from Dutch to English. They explained the step by step process for me to make
Smoked Chicken with Roti


I am now hooked on their wonderful food and with these new ingredients will be able to make more of their dishes.

I'm a happy girl! :)


Phubar, if you read this.. Thank you so much!! Thanks to your Mom too for all she does.
(((HUGS))) to the both of you. :)






















8 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, you scored!!! I'll be looking for recipes using the contents.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

What a great haul... Will be fun to watch what you come up with!!

Rocco said...

nice hall jeanie, now that we know that you are a pilot as well, maybe someone will send you a new "piper cub" unless you already have one?
LOL

cowgirl said...

Thanks Mrs JP! It was quite a surprise. I can't wait to try these ingredients. :)

cowgirl said...

David, Thank you! :)
It's amazing how sweet, helpful and generous people are around the world.
I'll keep you posted when I use the ingredients. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Rocco, that would be nice! :)
I'm not holding my breath on that one. lol
One thing I've noticed since starting this blog. People are so kind... so thoughtful. You included. :)
I appreciate everyone's friendship, that means more to me than anything materialistic.

Sara said...

Ooo! Smoked garlic? That sounds fantastic!! Please do let us know how that is.

cowgirl said...

I sure will Sara! I can't wait to try the goodies. :)