Search Feature

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Venison Buck n Bourbon ....actually Crown Royal




I'm never sure what to call this. It's one of my favorite ways to use venison and morel mushrooms.
I season cubed venison with salt and pepper, coat with flour and give it a quick browning..






While the meat is browning, I hydrated a few dried morels from my stash...






sauteed onions and garlic in the meat drippin's....


added the venison back to the pot with a cup of Crown (couldn't find my bourbon), 2 cups of beef stock, a pinch of marjoram, thyme, oregano and basil. Also the morels....


into the drum with a small bit of hickory...


I rubbed potatoes with oil, then seasoned with coarse salt and cracked black pepper, added them to the drum...



made a skillet of bread while the meat cooked...


The venison is so tender...



I make a garlic white sauce for the smoked tatoes, then smoosh em...




The venison buck and whiskey, smoked garlic smooshed potatoes and hot bread...





It almost like a stew but no potatoes and veggies, just meat and gravy.  I love venison fixed this way.  Also, a small sip of crown makes the meal special too. I'm a lightweight when it comes to Crown but can handle a one finger glassful. :)

Good luck to those of you who deer hunt. Hope you're able to put meat on your table this year!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..does the Sap think this will work with jerky?? Just kidding! This looks amazing! All I need now are some randomly growing morel mushrooms and a deer!!

It has been forever since I have visited, it's great to be back :)

cowgirl said...

Dang it Sap, it's good to see ya!! :D
How in the heck have you been?
Bet you're sittin' in a deer stand enjoying the view with a pocket full of jerky. lol
Hope all is well in NY. Good luck with deer hunting this season.
Thanks for stopping by, so nice to see you!