Search Feature

Sunday, March 6, 2016

How Bout a 45 Day Dry Aged Ribeye?





Same process as the  30 day dry aged KC strip I posted last.. I let the ribeye go for 45 days. Used the same Umai bags.



The meat forms a waxy coating after aging....





Trim away anything you don't want to eat. :)






Cut into steaks and vacuum packed for the freezer..






The taste test. Simple oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper...





Served with some fried tatoes and onions..








Man, I loved this steak. Ribeyes are my favorite anyway so maybe this wasn't a fair taste test.
The 30 day KC strip was great but this 45 day dry aged ribeye had a richer, beefier flavor.
It was moist and tender too.  I'll definitely be doing this again. I think 45 days for the aging process will be my goal from now on.

Forgot to mention, this was my Valentine's Day meal. I spent the day fishing....didn't catch a thing but it didn't matter.







The day was beautiful..... and the steak for supper was the perfect ending.

Can't believe how warm the weather has been. I've started on spring projects around the farm. Feels good to be out getting things done.

Hope everyone has a great week!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

. . . . if I ever get an invite for a steak dinner?? ;))

I´d bring some fish along to hook at your hinge . . . . lol

cowgirl said...

That sounds great Rolf! How have you been? Hope all is well in Germany. I know you are probably cooking up some amazing food with your Chuckwagon! Sending many (((HUGS))) from Oklahoma. :)