Search Feature

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Grilled Codfish Sliders



Another favorite of mine, and they are so easy to make!

As a Char-broil All Star member, I was asked to post a quick and easy fish recipe for the month of July and I decided to share this one.
 I'm sure everyone has their favorite version of salmon patties, this is a slight variation of the patties I remember from my childhood. (I use cod)

I cut the cod into 3/4" cubes..



Mix with seasonings, egg and cracker crumbs...



Form into patties, brush with butter as they grill...




They are quick to make and a nice change from salmon.



The recipe is posted on the Char-Broil site Please take a peek if you get the time.  Thanks! :)


p.s.  I'm still behind on my cooking, posting and email but am trying to catch up.  Feeling stronger every day too! :)

12 comments:

Sid said...

Good to hear your getting better. The Cod Sliders look good on that bed of onion rings. I'm headin' over to the Char-Broil site for the recipe right now! See ya!

cowgirl said...

Chris thanks! I'm feeling a lot better. :)
Not sure if the link to Char-Broil works, I've been trying to fix it and I don't know what I'm doing. lol
Hope you are having a great weekend, it's nice to see ya!
Thanks for stopping by! :)

Sid said...

The link to Char-Broil did not work but I got there anyways. I'm wondering what a sprinkle of Season All would do to those cakes? I got a 3 pack of SM seasonings from BPS and they are all Marvelous.:) I'm going to find out.

Unknown said...

Try this....
http://live.charbroil.com/articles/codfish-patty-sliders-on-the-grill

Thanks cowgirl. Hang in there.

lisa said...

I have got to try that! (because it is so easy and fast!)

cowgirl said...

:) Chris thanks for finding your way over there! I like your SM idea, please let me know how it turns out for ya. :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ole Smokey! I'll give that link a try. :)
I'm hanging in here, trying not to do more than I'm supposed to. lol It's not easy! :)

cowgirl said...

:) Lisa I hope you like em! Thanks! :)

Lars Pjokken said...

Looks awesome! Added the char-broil link to my reading list. Have to make this some day :-)

cowgirl said...

Thank you Lars!
Your blog looks great, everything you cook looks so delicious. I hope to try some of your recipes too!
Thank you for stopping by, hope you are having a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a freezer full of Walleye from my last canadian fishing trip. Seems like the perfect time to thaw some out. Great recipe. I can't wait to try em. Hope your feeling better!

cowgirl said...

Joe Thanks! I'm feeling a lot better. :)
Your fishing trip sounds great.. that's one thing I would love to try someday, fishing in Canada or Alaska. Bet it was fun! :)

Walleye is one of my favorites. Hope the cakes turn out well for you.

Thanks for stopping by!