Search Feature

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Smoked Beef Chuck on Beer Bread......might be a good Super Bowl snack

I've made these before, they are tasty but make sure you don't try to eat the whole thing by yourself. :)



Seasoned the beef chuck roast with dry rub, added sliced onions and beef stock to the pan.



smoked in the BPS drum at 275F.  When the stock was low, I added more, foiled the beef and let it cook until tender..




made a batch of beer bread..

3 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup sugar (more or less if desired)
a pinch of salt
1 12 oz beer





I brushed the top with butter and sprinkled with sesame seeds..



into the drum with the chuck..



Made a smokey cheese disc..
combined cheeses and let them catch some smoke in the drum, then chilled until needed...





Built my sandwich...

Started with the pulled beef...



caramelized onions..



bacon...



smokey cheese disc...



lettuce and tomato...




slathered the lid with horseradish sauce..











I'm not sure how many people this will feed, guess it depends on how hungry they are.

Love these sandwiches though!  :)

16 comments:

ChaseRCole said...

Sandwich looks great. We might try to make one of these at the office one afternoon. Someone has been smuggling beer in from TX or CO I see. It is high time they started importing here. Glad to see you posting again, we were afraid something had happened to you, like you were pinned under that giant smoker of yours or something.

-Chase & Co.

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Chase! Almost pinned under a large couch but not a smoker. Have been moving furniture the last few days.
Good to hear from you!! Hope all is well at the office. Tell everyone "Hi" for me. :)

Almost forgot... I got the beer in KS. :)

Rocco said...

they don't sell fat tire beer in Oklahoma?

Sid said...

Funny, that looks like a delicious single serving to me! :) And what kind of silly laws have you got in OK that you got to drive to KS to get a Fat Tire Ale? Can you get Sierra Nevada Ale out there? I'm thinking that CA might not be looking so bad other than a lack of you. :)

cowgirl said...

Rocco they don't sell it near me. I am in the panhandle and hit Kansas often so it's no big deal for me to go there. I stop by my favorite liquor store there for the Fat Tire.
Hope all is well in Chicagoland! :)

cowgirl said...

lol Chris, You would be welcome to try eating the whole sandwich. I'd sit back and watch. :D

I've never tasted Sierra Nevada Ale... if you say it's good I will give it a try. I googled it and see that I can get it at the same place that I get the Fat Tire. Looks like I need to make a road trip. :)
Thanks Chris, good to see ya. :)

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Looking good Jeanie. I love the cheese disk idea. I just might have to give it a try. Sierra Nevada is the best. You'll like it for sure. Didn't know you we're in the Panhandle. I've been to Guymon a few times. Flat, real flat...

Rocco said...

Always good in Chicago just bought myself a new metal detector to hit the beaches the summer to find treasure

cowgirl said...

Thank you Bill, Hope you give the disc a try. Kind of handy making your own blend of cheeses. :)
It's really flat around Guymon. I don't go there often but usually go to KS for shopping.
I'm looking forward to trying the Sierra! :)
Thanks again Bill, hope you are having a nice week so far!

cowgirl said...

Rocco that's great! Those metal detectors look like fun. Maybe you'll find a good treasure next summer. :)

David said...

That looks great! Perfect party food!

Old Smoke said...

OK, I'm leaving as soon as I get the GPS numbers for the ranch. ;) I'll bring some local brew to enjoy with that sammie on Sunday......will there be any left?
Bright days and cold nights, no rain in sight.
Have a good week....

cowgirl said...

Thanks David! Hope you are having a great week! :)

cowgirl said...

lol Sounds great Rick. I can always make more sandwiches if this one is gone.
Glad to hear the weather is drying out for ya!
Hope you have a great week too. :)

Anonymous said...

freaking awesome.. can't wait to try... saw this too late to make for super bowl...but any excuse to add beer to my food thank cowgirl!

cowgirl said...

Thanks workoutdrinkbemerry,
Great name! :)