Search Feature

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Venison Breakfast Fajitas on the Tractor Rim

Another campfire breakfast from my last camping trip to the lake...
I wish I were back out there now. :)


I saved some of the grilled venison backstrap from the venison supper the night before..
Started a skillet of potatoes frying on the fire. 



Also started a pot of ham hocks and beans to simmer all day for ribs-n-beans that night.         



When the potatoes were tender I scootched them over and added sliced onions and peppers....



Scrambled a few eggs and heated the venison backstrap...



It was a windy day, lots of white caps on the lake....



I heated tortillas and breakfast was ready...




It was a beautiful morning and the food smelled pretty good. :)








I didn't even add salsa or cheese, it had enough flavor from the fire..



I'm ready to go back out there. Something about breakfast cooked over a fire.... mmmm.... I loved it. :)


14 comments:

lisa said...

Looks good as always, I am looking forward to our yearly trip to the lake and cooking in my cast iron, I don't do it as often as I would like.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Lisa! I like to use cast iron at home, it gets kind of heavy sometimes but it cooks so well. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. It's good stuff! :)Hope you have a great time at the lake. :)

Mrs. JP said...

You are queen of tractor tire rim cooking!!

Jon in Albany said...

Is that grate just supported expanded steel mesh? If it is, is the steel coated with anything? Looks great (no pun intended). I want one. Thanks.

Triple T said...

Hi Jeanie! I need to come go fishing with you. The food looks wonderful as alwayes! I hope you catch some fish! Have a blessed day your friend Mark:)

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Mrs JP! I'm going to tell one of my friends that...she is the only other woman I know who uses one. lol Her husband cooks on it too.
Hope you have a great week!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Jon! The grate is not coated with anything. I season it with oil every once in awhile like cast iron or like the inside of my drum cooker.
Keeps it from rusting.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

cowgirl said...

Hi Mark, how have you been? Hope all is going well on the farm. Thanks! :)

Bushman said...

Looks great! My venison is all gone already. I have had such an urge to go camping lately. Waiting on summer to arrive still.

Triple T said...

Hin Jeanie I've been doing fine. Trying to get my garden planted and the first round of hay put in the barn. I've also been putting up some barbed wire fenceing also getting caught up on some bushhoging. As you know it never seems to end. I hope you are doing well! I don't know how you find the time but it's nice to read your blogs about camping, cooking and fishing. It's funny how you make us feel like we are there with you. You are a very talented young lady! Thanks for shareing with us. Hope you have a blessed day your friend Mark! :)

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

Looks like some might good eats. You do pretty darn good on that tractor rim. Have a great weekend. If you have time come on over and check out my Green Egg Table. Steve

cowgirl said...

Thank you Bushman! Sorry to hear about your venison supply. Hope you get to go camping soon too. I'm sure ready to go again. :)

cowgirl said...

Sounds like you have been busy Mark! I bet your farm is looking nice too. Hope everything is greening up there.
Things are busy here too. I'm having a hard time finding online time. Good to hear from you Mark, thanks! :)

cowgirl said...

Steve thanks!! I tried to sign up to follow your blog and have trouble. I will keep trying. Blogger seems to be giving me trouble lately.
Hope you have a great weekend!