Search Feature

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bloomin' Yucca, Mulberries ......and That Darned Moon

The weather has been wonderful the last couple of weeks. I'm taking full advantage of it while I can. I thought I'd get a head start on the birds this year and take a walk to my favorite mulberry tree in the pasture. I climbed the fence and headed to the nearest yucca to check out the blooms, they smell soooo good.



I'm 5'6" tall and this bloom was just about eye level....



The blossoms smell so nice, they fill the air with a sweet fragrance...






I follow a little deer trail to the mulberry tree...






I had to check out the sage, they are feathery soft right now....




The mulberry tree is loaded this year....and I beat the birds to some of the ripe ones. :)




That's when I noticed the moon... peeking at me through the branches. I got so wrapped up in gazing at the moon....










that I forgot to taste the ripe mulberries! I returned the next night and grabbed a handful before the the moon trapped me again. :)




The evenings have been beautiful lately. I'm pretty sure that spring is my favorite time of the year. :)

8 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Every thing is looking pretty nice down there. Lots of green. You gotta watch that moon Jeanie, it will get ya everytime.

pid said...

ripe mulberries already! jealous. my tree's are loaded but not quite ready. when they are they're my little treat during the work hours.

pid

Ross in Ventura said...

Beautiful post Jeanie

Ross

cowgirl said...

Mark it's really nice here right now. I love the green. :)
That darned moon does get me every time. lol I'm not sure why I find it so beautiful, but I do. I just can't resist it!



Thanks Mark, hope you had a great weekend! :)

cowgirl said...

Pid there are a few ripe ones on the tree. You sound like me, they are a special treat. :)
Hope you are doing well and not working too hard, it's good to see ya! Thanks...

cowgirl said...

Ross thank you! It's nice to see you too. I enjoyed your last roasted pepper soup pics. Looks wonderful!!
Thanks for stopping by. :)

Mrs. JP said...

Were these the pictures of the full moon that were supposed to be fantastic? We missed it because we were having cloudy skies that weekend.
I'm glad you go to see it.

cowgirl said...

It wasn't the fantastic moon Mrs JP. I got to see it but didn't have my camera with me. It was pretty!! :)
Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks!