Search Feature

Friday, August 12, 2011

Spam...not the cookin' kind

Just a heads-up. A friend contacted me about an email he received ..(Thanks Steve! :))
It's a spam email... the sender uses urls from different blogs and web sites, but it's always the same letter.
Just wanted to pass this along... It's good ole junk mail.




Did you receive the email copied here below sent to you last month?
Please confirm good reception.

Cordially,

Martin Vermont
mvermont@os28.net


I am Martin Vermont and I work for Multilingual Search Engine Optimization Inc. in Washington DC (Tel: XXXXXXX). I would like to speak with the person in charge of your international clientele. Who is my contact? Who should I speak to?

In fact, after visiting cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com , we have noticed that your website cannot be found on foreign search engines (I tested it on Hispanic search engines, German search engines, Asian search engines, etc.) Our company is specialized in multilingual search engine promotions in 28 languages. From the Japanese Google to the German Yahoo, from the AOL in Spanish to the MSN in Chinese, we can show you how to develop a true international online presence by promoting your website on foreign search engines.

I strongly suggest that you watch our online presentation which explains clearly how to get top rankings on foreign search engines with only 1 entry page per language (click on the following link or copy-paste it into your web browser): http:XXXXX

Please call me at +1 XXXXX or email me and let's work on giving your website the true international exposure which it deserves to have with foreign native online users!!

Regards,

Martin Vermont
mvermont@os28.net
Multilingual Search Engine Optimization Inc.
1250 Connecticut Ave N.W. Suite 200
Washington, DC 20036 USA
TEL: +1 XXXXXXX
http://XXXXXXX
Multilingual Search Engine Promotion Services since 1999

10 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

thanks for the heads-up. Spam, like so many other things in life, is one of the stupidest things done by people with very small lives and minds.
JP's, Grandfather used to tell him--"fools names and fools faces often are in public places." He told him this while looking at graffiti on a restroom wall. Spam is just that, only they've found a way to hurt others with it.
Thanks for the soapbox opportunity!
Now, you have yourself a great weekend. :O)

cowgirl said...

lol Well said Mrs JP! Small lives and small minds...I have to shake my head. I guess I'm more sorry for them than anything, They must have no life.

lol JP's Grandfather is a wise man. :)
Thanks Mrs JP, Hope you have a great weekend too!

Old Smoke said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't have a blog so I SHOULD.....be OK...

Why can't those folks spend time trying to find a cure for the common cold, cancer, budget crisis, or something else useful and/or constructive. They really do need to get a life!

So much for that...Now I've got to get back to the patio project. Just have to finish up the "blocking and purlins", before we stop for the weekend. That will leave just the roof to finish on Monday....

Have yourself a GREAT! weekend.

cowgirl said...

lol Rick, you're so right. They should put their energy into something constructive.

Hope you're taking pics of that patio project.. I want to see it!

Hope you have a great weekend too. :)

Anonymous said...

Jeez, this is so 1998, when we all worried about our homepages being submitted to, and accepted by Altavista, Yahoo, Hot Bot, and so on. Ah them good ol' days, with good ol'spam;-). Do people still fall for chainletters;-)...

d.

cowgirl said...

:) I'm glad I missed out on those days Donald!
Thanks!!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Chris said...

For the record, I can not read your blog on the African Bushman search engine but that's only because I don't understand all the pops and clicks:)

cowgirl said...

hahaha Chris.. You're too funny! Thanks! :)

Clay Potts said...

Poor Martin Vermont. He desperately needs some optimization of his own. I couldn't find him anywhere... not even Washington DC... ;D

cowgirl said...

lol Clay Potts.. Thanks for the comment and thanks for stopping by! :)