Search Feature

Friday, August 12, 2011

I guess it was worth it...

I'm still trying to decide.
It WAS a lot of fun though. :)

I've been reading about this wonderful sure-fire catfish bait that involves cheap hotdogs, garlic powder and a microwave. :)



The temperature was supposed to be in the 90's that day so a few of us went fishing.





The lake was low....there's usually not a beach here... but it was a nice place to sit.



I put one of my killer hot dogs on a hook (while everyone else used stink bait)..



after flinging hotdogs here and there, I finally got one to stay on the hook...then noticed my line was wrapped around the pole.



my right arm has been on the mend for about one week, so it took two arms to cast.



It started getting really hot... maybe it was the exertion of flinging hotdogs left and right that warmed me up. I noticed friends getting up from their chairs when they saw me pulling back to cast. lol



I had to do something.... it was just too hot. I found some tamarack limbs..



and a trash bag...
it was nice and cool under there! :)

I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting under a trash bag, flinging hotdogs left and right while everyone else caught fish. lol





So I didn't catch one single fish on the killer hotdogs but I ended up catching a couple on stink bait.

It was enough for a mess of fish the next night.









I've been trying really hard not to use my right arm. I go to the doctor on Wednesday for my right arm and now I have to go to another doctor Tuesday for my left arm. I'm going to stay out of trouble this weekend. :)

22 comments:

JFH said...

Sorry to hear about your arm(s). I sure hope it gets better soon, and it doesn't interfere with your picture takin', typing' or storytellin'!

cowgirl said...

Thank you JFH! It's getting interesting... I'm not used to being this careful. lol
Hopefully I'll be back go normal in a week or two.
Hope you have a great weekend!

pid said...

hope the arm gets better. when it does gig that stock pond you have and throw some frogs on the line!

pid

Tango Joe said...

Hope that all goes well at the doc's this week.

Thanks for the tip on the hot dogs, I will be sure that mine stay on the bun, not on the line.

David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener said...

Oh Dear! I must've missed something. Sorry to hear about your arms. Ya know there's this camp ground up here, that the only thing they bite on IS hotdogs!

Feel better soon!

Mrs. JP said...

Hey, I hope your arm gets better. Yikes I bet that brace was hot. I LOVE your rigged up shade and the thought of you fling hot dogs everywhere. You were just chumming them up for everyone else :O)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Pid! That sounds like a great idea. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Joe, Thanks!
I did get a couple of bites on the dogs but just couldn't bring one in.
Hope you are having a nice weekend!

cowgirl said...

Thank you David! That sounds encouraging. I'll hang onto these dogs and give them another try. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Yes Mrs JP, I was chumming. That makes me feel better. lol
Thanks! :)

Rueben said...

Cowgirl, You are just plain wearing yourself out with all the work and play. Even Super Heros have to take a break sometime.
Well sorry to hear about those arms of yours. The body has a way of saying slow down and give me some rest. And I can safely say I am speaking from first hand experience. (too many)
Take care of yourself and you'll be back up to par soon.
You're still doing great things....especially for your present condition. Oh well, that's Cowgirl.
Adios for now,
Rueben {:)

cowgirl said...

Rueben Thanks! You're a good friend. I think I will take it easy this weekend.
Hope you are doing well and not working too hard! :)
(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Hey jeanie its buddy. i'm in corpus christi for a month or so to help repair a bunch of planes. You should try chicken livers with red man spit on them ....works great. Lol

Chris said...

Look at you with your "gimmee shelter" chair design! Too smart!

Kevin L. said...

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Please take care.

You need to be in good shape for I fear their are strange events occurring here abouts....
Yesterday water fell from the sky! Who'da thought that coulda happen?

Keep your chin up!
K.

cowgirl said...

lol Buddy! As tempting as chicken liver and red man spit sound.. I think I might have to pass.
I wonder who came up with that combo? lol
Thanks, Have fun in Corpus! :)

cowgirl said...

haha Chris, thanks!!

cowgirl said...

Wow Kevin, so glad to hear you got rain! I hope the hot spell is past.
Thanks.. :)

Anonymous said...

Can you share your breading mix? They turned out great, I can just taste them now. I'll bet my little granddaughters will love them too.

Dave F.

cowgirl said...

Hi Dave! I don't have exact measurements but I use equal parts flour and yellow cornmeal. Usually 3/4 C each.
Then I add salt, cayenne and lemon pepper to taste.
I take a pinch of the mix to taste and adjust the seasonings. Sorry it's not more specific. I should measure it sometime.

After cleaning the fish I like to chill them in salt water overnight, then either bag and freeze or cook them.
Before cooking I drain the fish, add fresh squeezed lemon juice, mix them up a bit then let them chill for 30 minutes or so before frying.
Hope you have great luck with it Dave and I hope your Granddaughters will like it too. :)
Thanks Dave...

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, I'll freeze some up and cook them when the kids are down. Won't be long and they'll be down digging potatoes from the garden. That's always a blast.

Dave F.

cowgirl said...

Dave that does sound like a blast! I bet the kids will enjoy it. Kind of like looking for buried treasure! :)
Hope you have a nice week...
Thanks Dave!