Search Feature

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Indian Pork with Raita and Roti

When smoking friend Jon sent a bit of his
Indian Dry Rub .... I wanted to give it a go on a smoked pork butt.
I knew that Jon had made a wonderful feast using the rub on a pork butt and topped with raita.. so I wanted to see what it would taste like. :)



I made a raita to go with the smoked pork...

using shredded cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, peppers, garlic, ginger, minced onions, kosher salt, cracked black pepper and cumin.









while the raita chilled I made my roti..

last time I made roti I used split yellow peas but this time went for minced green onion and herbs...


















then lightly browned on a hot cast iron skillet...














The Indian smoked pork wrapped in roti and topped with the raita....







It was soooooo tasty! The combination of the Indian infused pulled pork topped with raita was a huge hit with my friends... I owe Jon thanks not only for sending the dry rub, but for introducing me to these wonderful new flavors and ideas!

10 comments:

Marc van der Wouw said...

Looks great...getting hungry already..thanks for sharing.

clandestine bbq man said...

That looks absolutely fantastic. I plan on throwing a boston butt on my BGE tonight. What were the ingredients you used on the roti? Thanks in advance.

Britt

Craig said...

Oh Jeanie! My exposure to Indian food is extremely limited too. That looks positively "Dee"licious!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Marc! The indian spiced rub really flavored the pork nice. It was a tasty treat. :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you Britt!
The roti dough is really simple.
2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt..then mix in 2 tablespoons of oil. When mixed well and about 2/3 cup of water. Let it rest for 30 minutes before rolling.
You can add any herbs you like in the middle before rolling. Good luck with it and with your pork butt.
Looking forward to checking on your blogs too. :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Craig! I enjoyed the flavors.. something new to me. :)

clandestine bbq man said...

Thanks Jeanie for the info! I'll let you know how it turns out.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Britt! :)

Anonymous said...

wow..another great post! I am so smoking this weekend...

cowgirl said...

Thanks Anonymous! Good luck with your smoke this weekend. :)