Search Feature

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The day before T Day...

With deer season going on and fall in the air, I have been finding ways to get out to enjoy everything and still cook for everyone. :)





The day before Thanksgiving I loaded the Memphis Pro as full as I could. lol I really didn't know how the smoker would handle it....


I scored and smoked the ham for several hours....



added bacon wrapped corn and a potato casserole. (cubed potatoes, cream cheese, american cheese, sauted onion and garlic in butter... and a bit of milk..




I let them smoke until the bacon was crisp and the potatoes were hot and bubbly..

brushed the ham with mustard, sprinkled with brown sugar, then spritzed with whiskey...




Everything turned out really well.. the smoker handled the full load just fine. :)









served with slaw... and a few other items.. It was tasty and no one complained! :)



12 comments:

David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener said...

I'm sure no one complained - looks great!

cowgirl said...

Thanks David! Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

Big Dude said...

I sure wouldn't complain - great food cooked by someone else - it gets no better.

Craig said...

As much as I love Deer season I think I could handle deer camp at your hacienda with only a knife and fork quite easily.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

I knew you would have it all under control Jeanie. You could'a done it with your eyes closed and your hands tied behind your back. Well that might be tough, but it would have been good watching anyway. It all looks pretty tastey though.

cowgirl said...

lol Larry Thanks! I do love to eat food cooked by others... I don't get to do that often.

cowgirl said...

Craig, that's all you would need! :) Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Ha Mark, not sure if I'm that great of a cook! :)
Thanks Mark...

Ross in Ventura said...

Look like a wonderful delicious meal Jeanie

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ross! Hope you and Jackie had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know that if you two were doing the cooking, you ate well! :)

Rich said...

I'm so glad I found this blog through Fr. Zs blog, "What Does The Prayer Really Say?". You're cooking is actually very inspiring. I am your new biggest fan. I hope I can add some of your ideas to my own family's dinners.

Keep up the great work!!!!

cowgirl said...

Thank you so much Rich! It's nice to meet you. Fr. Z was so kind to post about my blog... I appreciate him doing that.
Hope you are able to find some recipes to your liking.. feel free to tweak them to suit your tastes.. :)
Thanks for stopping by Rich!