Search Feature

Monday, October 4, 2010

More campfire biscuits and gravy...

I really don't cook biscuits and gravy every time I camp out...but it's starting to look that way...

It's such an easy breakfast for me to make especially after sitting around the campfire until the wee hours of the morning, solving all of the worlds problems with friends over a cold drink.. :)








Again.. I use the foil pan method... oil the pan, place the biscuits inside, cover with another oiled pan and wrap in foil...



I flip ane rotate the biscuits for even cooking... brown some sausage for the gravy and scramble eggs...





add flour, seasonings and milk to the sausage gravy and let it simmer until hot and bubbly..




the biscuits turned out just right this time. :)



It was a tasty breakfast... but then again everything tastes so good over a campfire. :)



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use your method for campfire biscuits exclusively now while camping. It works well, and it's easy to Huckleberry Finn someone else into helping out with breakfast while I make the gravy.

Chasmosis said...

Cowgirl are you on vacation this week? Looks like the "best of cowgirl" is playing. I always enjoy your posts but looks like you are in re-runs;)

tjus77 said...

Looks yummy as usual. I am hoping the weather is cool enough this weekend to cook breakfast over an open fire. It was almost cool enough Sun, but I had a lot of other things to do. I know what you mean about solving the world's problems around a fire. When they have a world summit, I think it should be manditory for them to sit around a fire with a cold brew.

Keep the post coming.

TJ

cowgirl said...

Hey Kirby, Thanks...glad they are working out well for you! :)

cowgirl said...

Yikes Chasmosis.. Sorry!
I'm behind in posting pics..these are from my last camp out.

I know.. boring.... :(

Old Smoke said...

I made biscuits 'n gravy with scrambled eggs, JD sausage and linguisa Sunday morning for me and my #1 fan. I didn't have time to light the cooker, we things to do and people to see. Sooooo I cheated and used the stove. It was a tasty breakfast but would have been better over life fire.
BTW there is nothing wrong with biscuits 'n gravy everyday EXCEPT it makes my Wranglers shrink. :)
Have a good week

Rick

cowgirl said...

TJ, wouldn't that be nice.. I bet they would get more accomplished over a campfire. The weather has cooled off here, I'll send it your way.
Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Rick that sounds fantastic! I bet your breakfast was mighty tasty even cooked in the house. :)
I'm a wrangler fan too... the only jeans I wear.
Thanks Rick!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

It's always so much fun to look in on what you do with your day to day

I just love this blog!

cowgirl said...

Dave...Thanks for that. :)
I love your blogs too!

Big Dude said...

With all of the choices available for breakfast, it's hard not to put sausage gravy and biscuits at the top of the list. And then you add in eating it around the camp fire open air and it just doesn't get any better.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! :)