Search Feature

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Buffalo Burgers and Smokey O Rings

I made some reverse sear buffalo burgers and smoked onion rings...

These weren't half bad. :)
I mixed 1 lb of buffalo burger with
1/2 lb beef
onion powder
minced onions
beef bouillon
worcestershire sauce
and seasoned salt

Wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with black pepper and smoked with hickory at 180 degrees F for one hour...





I added some sliced onions 30 minutes into the smoke...




removed the onions after 45 minutes and placed them into a baggie.

Made some interesting buns... I didn't have time to make buns so I used canned dinner rolls... rolled them out... buttered their tops and placed one on top of another to make one bun, then sprinkled them with minced onions..



Kicked the heat up in the Pro to 450F... added my buns while searing the buffalo burgers...




after baking my buns, I split and toasted them on the grill...




dusted the smoked onions rings with flour, then dipped in a beer batter for frying.

Beer batter

1 C flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

about one beer ( light beer works best for these)

.






I made a ketchup, adobo, chipotle sauce for the O rings.. it was tasty but covered the smokey flavor


The burgers and O rings were pretty tasty!


The funny little buns were tasty too, the only down side to them was the minced onions fell off the top...
I will make them again though... they were soft, smokey and pretty tasty! :)

8 comments:

Old Smoke said...

Dang another great looking meal from Jeanie the cowgirl....:) When is the cookbook going to be published? :) lol
Rick

cowgirl said...

:) lol Thanks Rick!

Marc van der Wouw said...

WoW looks great!! gonna do more of outside cooking...

Big Dude said...

Awesome meal Jeanie - Nice little smoke ring on the burger and I think I have a package of bison in the freezer. Never thought of smoking the onions first - bet they were great.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Marc! Hope your weather cooperates. :)
The weather is getting a bit cool here but I'm still going to try to cook outside all winter.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! These onions had more of a pronounced smoke flavor than the ones I smoke on my drum... They were pretty tasty. Good luck with yours!

Chris said...

Nice buns! Errr biscuits? Bis-buns? ;)

Seriously though, what a great plate you put together, J!

cowgirl said...

lol Chris... Thanks! :)