Search Feature

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Some Grilled Fish Tacos

I love these things. Sometimes I smoke the fish but this time I decided to fire up the grill...


I made my chipotle slaw...
Mix 1/2 cup of mayo
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (you can use more)
some chopped onion
salt to taste
a squeeze of lime juice
and 1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage
chill while grilling the fish






Made my pico de gallo...

onions

jalapenos

garlic

tomatoes

cilantro

lime juice and salt









I have a new toy... a Grill Grate... :) If you get the chance check them out at Big Poppa's site..
Big Poppa Smokers






Placed the fish on the grate...

The fish I used this time was swai... I've never tasted these before, but heard that they were fairly mild in flavor.





The Grill Grate comes with a special spatula that fits down into the grooves and lifts the food without breaking. (just what I need for fish fillets. :))



I olive oiled the fillets and seasoned them with lemon pepper ...




... heated the tortillas...




I had to taste some of the fish while the rest were grilling...
It wasn't half bad. A light flavor, white and flaky...






The grilled fish taco with chipotle slaw, pico and a squeeze of fresh lime.

It was tasty!!



11 comments:

Big Dude said...

I'm not a big fan of fish tacos, I think because I've not had a really good one, but yours sure look and sound delicious.

Bushman said...

I love fish tacos.
I like to make mine with tilapia(mainly because it is so available and cheap) Your pico looks killer. I love the fresh taste of cilantro. I like to put avocados, mayo, salt, cumin, splash lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil in the blender then drizzle that over the taco sort of a sauce. YUM YUM.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! I really like them.. didn't think I would when I first heard about them though.
Maybe if you try that chipotle slaw on top... it adds a nice kick.
Good luck with them.

I owe you an e-mail.. lol I'll get that to you asap! :)

cowgirl said...

Bushman, your avacado mix sounds really, really good!! Thanks, I can't wait to try it!

Jeffery said...

Nice! im making tortillas asap!I NEED FISH TACO LOVING!!! LOL

cowgirl said...

lol Jeffery Thanks!! Good luck with them. Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

Mrs. JP said...

as always, it looks delicious.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love fish tacos and yours sound delicious. I've never seen the grill gates before. Thanks for the heads up. This is my first visit to your blog, but it will not be my last. I love what you do here and I'll be back often. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

cowgirl said...

Thank you Mrs JP!

cowgirl said...

Thank you so much Mary, I appreciate you stopping by too! It's nice to meet you. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.