Search Feature

Tuesday, September 29, 2009


I guess I'm jumpy this time of the year. lol The rattlesnakes are usually out during the day, warming themselves with the sun.

I happened upon this nice snake skin in my back pasture... it was over 4ft long, but looks like it belonged to a bull snake.

Not sure if you can see it, but there is a hole in the ground, right in front of the skin. Could be where he headed.

Made me jumpy for the rest of the day. lol


Big Dude said...

Having rattlers around would sure make me jumpy

cowgirl said...

Big Dude, I'm sure glad to hear I'm not the only one. :)
Hope you are having a great week!

Chris said...

I hear snakes have an aversion to #9 shot :)

My dad ate rattlesnake once. Don't think I want to try it.

Bushman said...

If you could find him you could have smoked rattler rings. I bet it taste like chicken.LOL

cowgirl said...

lol Chris, I bet they do!
I've had fried rattlesnake, it wasn't too bad. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Bushman, I have a feeling I will run into this snake sometime. I just hope it's not in my chicken coop.
It's kind of scary reaching under a nesting hen to gather eggs and grab a snake instead. lol

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

It's about time you started seeing some signs of reptile life Jeanie. lol. I'm still waiting for some good pictures. I think I would be a little jumpy for the rest of the day too.

cowgirl said...

lolol! Isn't that the truth Mark? I've been looking for a rattlesnake all summer! The tarantulas and armadillos are hiding from me too. Looks like I might have to draw pictures for ya instead of using my camera. lol

Hope you are having a great week...your basement is looking good!

Rocco said...

better jumpy then dead!
keep your eyes open cowgirl,
a snake bit could be a big bummer!

cowgirl said...

I sure agree with ya Rocco! :)
One thing I like about's usually too cold for the rattlers to be out and about, so I can relax a bit. :)