Search Feature

Friday, July 18, 2008

Smoked Brisket Burritos with Chipotle Slaw

I smoked a brisket, some pastrami and a few wings over the 4th of July weekend.
Used some of the brisket to make burritos with chipotle slaw...



My smoker sits under a shade tree, so the pictures aren't that great.



I wrapped the brisket with some dales marinade and beer.



The brisket with the juice poured over top.


I sauted some onions until tender, then added the brisket..



I rolled the meat up in a hot tortilla with some cheese, and added chipotle slaw to one of them.
Chipotle Slaw.
1/2 cup of mayo or salad dressing
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (you can add more)
salt to taste
chopped onion
a squeeze of lime juice
1 bag of slaw cabbage
Mix and chill

I used the same chipotle slaw on smoked fish tacos.






This is one burrito with the slaw on the side...
I like to fry my burritos until light golden for the extra crunch..





This one had the slaw wrapped inside.





Both were good, but I liked the one with the slaw inside... the extra crunch and zip of the slaw added a lot of flavor. :)











3 comments:

Ulla said...

that looks so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Cowgirl,
What is Dales marinade that you used for the venison jerky? Is it store bought or homemade?

cowgirl said...

Hi Anonymous,
It's a store bought marinade. I like it with beef and venison.
Not sure if this will work, but here is a link to their site.
http://www.dalesseasoning.com/

I just purchase it at my local grocery store. :)