Search Feature

Friday, July 18, 2008

Smoked Brisket Burritos with Chipotle Slaw

I smoked a brisket, some pastrami and a few wings over the 4th of July weekend.
Used some of the brisket to make burritos with chipotle slaw...

My smoker sits under a shade tree, so the pictures aren't that great.

I wrapped the brisket with some dales marinade and beer.

The brisket with the juice poured over top.

I sauted some onions until tender, then added the brisket..

I rolled the meat up in a hot tortilla with some cheese, and added chipotle slaw to one of them.
Chipotle Slaw.
1/2 cup of mayo or salad dressing
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (you can add more)
salt to taste
chopped onion
a squeeze of lime juice
1 bag of slaw cabbage
Mix and chill

I used the same chipotle slaw on smoked fish tacos.

This is one burrito with the slaw on the side...
I like to fry my burritos until light golden for the extra crunch..

This one had the slaw wrapped inside.

Both were good, but I liked the one with the slaw inside... the extra crunch and zip of the slaw added a lot of flavor. :)


Ulla said...

that looks so amazing!

Anonymous said...

What is Dales marinade that you used for the venison jerky? Is it store bought or homemade?

cowgirl said...

Hi Anonymous,
It's a store bought marinade. I like it with beef and venison.
Not sure if this will work, but here is a link to their site.

I just purchase it at my local grocery store. :)