Search Feature

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Smoked Baked Steak and Tatoes

I made a pan of baked steak the other day and instead of baking it in the oven, I put it in my horizontal wood smoker.
First I seasoned the tenderized steaks with kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and a bit of onion and garlic powder.




Rolled them in flour...




Lightly browned in oil...

Made gravy using a small amount of the drippings, flour, beef broth and seasonings...




Added the steak back to the pan of gravy and also added a few morel mushrooms and sliced onions, then placed in the smoker...


I whipped up a batch of biscuits...


Threw in some tatoes seasoned with evoo, cracked black pepper and kosher salt...


I smoked the biscuits for one hour ....this was at about 325 degrees, using hickory.

The baked steak smoked for 2 1/2 hours until cooked though...





The finished meal...


Smothered in the gravy....


Everything tasted great, the steak even had a smoke ring....

No comments: